Download most recent version (08/05/2014) (in .pdf)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, Dickinson College, 2013-Present
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions, Vanderbilt University, 2012-2013
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Ph.D. in Political Science, 2012
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, M.A. in Political Science, 2008
- Lehigh University (Bethlehem, PA), M.A. in Political Science, 2005
- Muhlenberg College (Allentown, PA), B.A. in Political Science and Philosophy, summa cum laude with honors in Political Science, 2004
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Neiheisel, Jacob and Sarah Niebler. Forthcoming. “On the Limits of Persuasion: Campaign Ads and the Structure of Voters’ Interpersonal Discussion Networks.” Political Communication.
- Urban, Carly and Sarah Niebler. 2014. “Dollars on the Sidewalk: Should U.S. Presidential Candidates Advertise in Uncontested States?” American Journal of Political Science 58(2): 322-336.
- Neiheisel, Jacob and Sarah Niebler. 2013. “The Use of Party Brand Labels in Congressional Election Campaigns, 1998-2008.” Legislative Studies Quarterly 38(3): 377-403.
- Wichowsky, Amber and Sarah Niebler. 2010. “Narrow Victories and Hard Games: Revisiting the Primary Divisiveness Hypothesis.” American Politics Research 38(6): 1052-1071.
- “Review of The Candidate and The Timeline of Presidential Elections.” 2013. The Forum 11(1): 69-76.
- “Gauging the Pulse of ‘Swingtown’.” CBS News Online (2004). Available at:
Awards and Honors:
- Hovland Paper Award (2011): Awarded to the best paper by a graduate student submitted to a journal (with Carly Urban)
- Teaching Assistant Fellow (Fall 2011 – Spring 2012)
- Communication-B Teaching Assistant Fellow (Spring 2011)
- John Brown and Frances J.B. Mason Scholarship Fund Summer Fellowship (Summer 2008): Financial support for students studying American government
- Allentown Human Relations Commission Award (2005): Awarded to groups who bridge the gaps between people of different cultures, languages, races, ages, and backgrounds
- The Political Science Award, Muhlenberg College (2004)
- Noel R. and Edith J. Moyer Award in Philosophy, Muhlenberg College (2004)
- Phi Beta Kappa (2004)
- Verizon Academic All-District College Division At-Large First Team (2004)
- Verizon Academic All-District College Division At-Large Second Team (2003)
- Centennial Conference Academic Honor Roll (2002-2004)